Question
Posted by: Sampletjie | 2004/01/20

High Blood Pressure

I've been experiencing severe headaches for the past couple of weeks and also some dizzyness. During lunch I've quickly gone to the clinic to get my blood pressure taken - she took 4 readings all 130/90. I'm 29 years old. She advised me to go and see a doctor. Is my blood pressure really that high or still ok and is it really necessary to go and see my GP?

Sampletjie, seeing your doctor would be a good idea, but not because of your blood pressure (it’s perfectly acceptable for someone with headache). Having severe headaches for a couple of weeks is definitely not normal and you should have it seen to. Good luck.