Question
Posted by: Helena of Troy | 2005/11/30

Hiding things from your partner

Im referring to Tiekies posting.

When is it right to hide something from your partner ?

All secrets come out eventually and then it is a bigger issue than it should of been.

I think people with baggage, like she and myself and others have, have trust issues but especially when the x family is concerned are we not extra sensative ?

,,,,,

6
Posted by: Juzlisen | 2005/11/30

In a marriage or stable committed relationship - its never a good thing to hide anything from your partner

Reply to Juzlisen
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/30

I agree with ...
Sumtimes mentioning every detail is causing problems that never was a problem to start with.....

Reply to Delene
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/30

It's hard to say... cos when is it "hiding" and when is it a decision just to leave things be and not cause any problems?... sometimes people are over sensitive and expect to be kept informed of their partner's every movement... just because the partner doesn't mention something, it doesn't mean that they are deliberating hiding something....
Sometimes people decide to keep quiet about something because they know that mentioning it would be stressful - either for themself or for their partner... it's not always about being sneaky and bad... sometimes the intentions behind a person "hiding" something are very good.

I don't expect my partner to tell me every contact he has with his ex wife... not at all... when he tells me fine... when he doesn't that is also fine...

Reply to ...
Posted by: Hot | 2005/11/30

I have never posted on the sex forum!

Reply to Hot
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/30

I don't trust my husband at all, but I do not look through his private stuff and I don't hide anything from him.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: .... | 2005/11/30

Judging from yr posting on sex forum I think u have reason not to trust yr hubby.

Reply to ....