Question
Posted by: Liza | 2004/11/18

Hi everyone

Wrote exams yesterday - still had difficulty studying. The subject - Industrial psychology. Don't know whether I passed or not, but there was 1 question I had to have a good laugh about:

Sipho was in a armed robbery 5 months ago. He has been fine until yesterday - when he had a complete breakdown and started crying about what happened, that he is suddenly getting nightmares etc. What does he suffer from:

a. Bipolar disorder
b. Major depressive disorder
c. Post traumatic stress disorder.

Then there was the question about DSM-IV tests and what they test for. Since I've written this test quite a few times I at least knew the answer to that one too. Unfortunately the exam seemed easy - too easy. Especially for someone who might as well not have studied at all for all the knowledge I got into my brain during studytime. I wrote the 2 hour paper in 40 minutes.

Now Shawn - don't hold thumbs for me - you know I don't want to be sued, and the results only come out mid-December. Besides, I'm sure you'll be needing them for something else until then.

Somehow I'm in a very happy mood today. Went to see the psychiatrist yesterday and didn't use even 1 tissue. Not even to blow my nose. Was also at the gynae (guys will probably want to stop reading from here) and had my annual pap-smear done.

Also asked for a HIV and STD screening - Personally I think its very important to have it done at least once a year. The only problem being that the receptionist at the pathologists gave me a very funny look when I came in with that piece of paper. As if I had an highly airborne infectous disease. Completely nuts. The male nursing brother(can't call him sister) who drew the blood was great though - don't even have a mark this morning.

I'm now so chirpy I'm annoying myself. Hope y'all have a great day!

Liza

Well, Liza, sounds like many reasons for feeling chirpy. Well done all round !