Question
Posted by: meisie | 2018/05/28

Baby allergies

Hi Dr, what can I use for my baby's itchy eyes and rash on cheeks, she is on infasoy formula. any medication to help?   she also has rash in her nappy area that wont go away...it started when I was still breastfeeding though.

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2018/06/03

Infants may need a GP to check them over before buying antihistamines and using hydrocortisone cream. However if older than 6 months, Cetirizine drops are very effective and a simple emollients such as Epimax may help. Nappy rashes are not usually caused by allergies, but irritation from the urine or components of the nappy diaper.