Question
Posted by: Tango | 2006/10/30

Hi CS and everyone!

Hi CS,

Well I am not dead - yet!! I am well except from a work perspective its been hell this year. If I complete 2006 and not going in for a triple bypass then I never will. Re structuring is not for the sissies and 3 in 4 years has taken its toll. Each time you report to someone new and there are new systems, structures and management styles. Being in middle management I have subordinates I have to protect from the upper class and one feels like you are constantly walking a tioghtrope - actually that combined with being on a hamster wheel and no one can find the slow down switch!!

Sounds all doom and gloom I know but we do spend the majority of our time at work so it has a huge impact. I try to balance it out as best I can with nice to do things - my garden and herb patch has never looked better cos thats where I unwind and relax.

The best news ever - my darling daughter is flying up for my birthday next month! Its the best birthday pressie ever!! I have always taught my kids that nothing they could ever buy can replace time spent with me - its paying off - she is home for my birthday!!

How are all my old buddies - Clueless, Moondust and all the others?

Take care!

Hello Tango,
3 restructurings in 4 years, sounds like the first 2 were badly planned. You know, like Lady Bracknell in The Importance of being Earnest ? "To lose ONE parent, Mr Worthing, is unfortunate. But to lose TWO sounds like downright carelessness !"
Combining a hamster wheel and a tightrope can't be fun, Pleased to hear the garden's going wekll, and even more pleased to hear of your excellent birthday present !

1
Posted by: Clueless. | 2006/10/30

O my God old?! Am I old?! Would hope not! Wow yes, that IS a brilliant gift, and you're right, nothing is more precious than spending time with the ones you love. Barney quote, unquote. My green fingers unfortunately got eaten off by the snails here. Nothing grows in this soil anyway. You can make buautifull pottery with it though. O, and don't worry, if you could make it thus far . . . your good spirit will carry you to where-ever you want to go. In life, that's also a pretty awesome gift.

Reply to Clueless.