Question
Posted by: Clueless. | 2006/04/03

Hi CS.

Hi C. Been ill as hell today, couldn't go to class (yet again!) I'm only seeing my shrink on Thursday, and have to get back to college. Soon. The thing that invaded me seems to be on holiday. Far away. I don't miss it, but still walk on eggshels. Checking. Waiting. It was terrifying the whole ordeal, but it seems I'm rid of it now. CS, what happened? How can one be blissfully unaware that in seconds, you will try to hurt yourself so? I didn't want to die, but I kept taking them. 12 at a time. I had enough 'control' to call someone this time, but next time I may not. And next time might be never, or tomorrow. What makes us lose control like that?

Hello Clueless,
Well, I suppose if your shrink thought it was OK for you to only see him again on Thursday, he's trusting you to manage things until then. Let's hope the "thing that invaded you" is not merely on holiday, but has permanently emigrated. Work, now, with your shrink, to plan both how to make any further episodes like that unlikely if not impossible, and on plans for how to handle such situations better if and when they arise.