Question
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/22

Hi again CS!

Yeah, I know it is late in the eveing, especially over there, but I have just had the most overwhelming heartache to see my older son who is still in S.A. Why would it suddenly engulf me like this? I am normally okay knowing that I can speak to him on the phone and will be seeing him next year, but, I don't know how to describe what I am feeling now. My heart is breaking.

I don't have an explanation, Trusty Frusty --- but I do know, from my own experience as well as from what people have told me of their own experiences, that it does happen like this. Memory's an odd thing. Sometimes some small unrecognized thing --- a sound, a smell, a taste, someobne who looks a bit like him, can plunge you into recall and nostalgia.

2
Posted by: fin-ex | 2005/11/22

hey frusty
chin up. try write him a letter. i sometimes find that helps ease some of the heartache of being far away from family. i only get to see my folks twice a year even though they live only two hours by plane from me but i dont have money to fly more etc and there are nights that i long so much for the embrace of my mother. i'm not sure what triggers it off, sometimes i know it is because i am low, lonely or just on one of my downers and long for that love only a parent can give. eish, that heartache is a hard ache. i hope you get some comfort from knowing that many of us here go through similar feelings. your son is lucky for a dad to long for him. a big hug to you to see you through the night. someone in sa is thinking of you

Reply to fin-ex
Posted by: Tango | 2005/11/22

Hi frusty - sent you a mail! Going to get a bottle Verve Cliquot and put it on ice for when can sit down and share it together!! (If you do not like champagne just tell me what you do like and it will be ready!!)

Reply to Tango