Posted by: Jenna | 2008/08/30

HGH - Menopause

I' m 54, been on Activelle for 4 years. Wanting to take HGH, the GP sent me for blood tests first - said it wont help if my hormone levels are unbalanced. I had zero female testosterone &  was given an implant. After 6 weeks, blood tests showed zero &  I had another one. I' m having them every 2 to 3 months &  can now feel when I need another one, my vagina becomes quite sore &  dry. It just worries me that it' s a sort of " trial &  error"  thing, with the GP. I know it' s part of life getting older, but I still have a lot of years ahead of me which I' d like to spend feeliing healthy &  active. Would a gynacologist be able to do the right tests &  advise me, or are there Doctors that specialise in hormonal problems? Would HGH help?

Testosterone implants are the right way to go. I don't think HGH is indicated. This is the speciality of gynaecologists, so it would be best to have at least one consultation.