Posted by: Jenna | 2008/08/30

HGH - Menopause

I' m 54, been on Activelle for 4 years. Wanting to take HGH, the GP sent me for blood tests first - said it wont help if my hormone levels are unbalanced. I had zero female testosterone &  was given an implant. After 6 weeks, blood tests showed zero &  I had another one. I' m having them every 2 to 3 months &  can now feel when I need another one, my vagina becomes quite sore &  dry. It just worries me that it' s a sort of " trial &  error"  thing, with the GP. I know it' s part of life getting older, but I still have a lot of years ahead of me which I' d like to spend feeliing healthy &  active. Would a gynacologist be able to do the right tests &  advise me, or are there Doctors that specialise in hormonal problems? Would HGH help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Testosterone implants are the right way to go. I don't think HGH is indicated. This is the speciality of gynaecologists, so it would be best to have at least one consultation.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.