Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2004/01/09

Herpis (STD)

Hi! I am in a relationship with a girl that contracted Herpis from her unfaithfull ex-husband. She is now devorced. She only told me a few days ago about it.
1) What are the chances that I could contract this desease?
2)What are the implications on me if I stay in the relationship?
3)Would this desease have any implications on my children with her if we decide to get married in the future?
4)Can the desease be controlled - she says she only had the symtomps once - 2 years ago.

I need urgent advice as I have no experience with this type of situation (I am 27 and she is 26)

Thanks in advance
Concerned

There is a good website - www.herpes.com where you can find a lot of information on the subject.