Question
Posted by: Sherry | 2004/11/11

Herpes Zoster & lumps

Doc

I have rash under my right breast & my Dr said its herpes Zoster. Its been three days now. This morning when i wake up my groin & my right breast were painful & i realised there are small lumps both on my groin & breast. Are all this related ?
I was supposed to go for a lapascropy for the lower abdominal pain i have been getting for the last three months on my right side.
And now my Dr cancelled it saying maybe the pain was caused by the Herpes. Which i don't agree with, i have a feeling this might be an appendix. Before the Herpes he suspected kidney TB.

I don't know what to do, do i consult another Dr or i wait until i finish the Herpes medication.

Sherry, it is unlikely that herpes zoster (shingles) will affect you in more than one place, so the best would be to get a second opinion from a different doctor. Good luck.

5
Posted by: wali | 2004/11/11

Sherry

I did get some lumps on my breast, under it, on my waist and back (all one side of my body only) , and they were painful. You will see that they come in a line. I did get some cream and some tablets as well. I was told that you get Shingles when your immune system is down. So worrying will not help much. Get yourself on a good diet and do not stress.

Reply to wali
Posted by: Sherry | 2004/11/11

Thanks, apparently Herpes Zoster & shingles are the same thing. I am more worried about the lumps, especially the one on the breast.
Where were your lumps ?
Did u get any cream to apply on the rash, the Dr just gave me tablets.

Reply to Sherry
Posted by: wali | 2004/11/11

Sherry

my shingles were one side from under my breast down to my waist and a little at the back. They healed quickly because apparently I had them mild My doctor gave me a lot of medication incluiding strong pain killers. Yes I did go for an HIV test and it was negative.

Reply to wali
Posted by: Sherry | 2004/11/11

Wali i did go see a Dr. The reason i am asking is because i feel like he didn't help much.
Where exactly was your shingles & the lumps ? Are they healed now.
Just curious did you go for an HIV test for this ?

Reply to Sherry
Posted by: Wali | 2004/11/11

It could be shingles. I had almost the same effects, pain then small bumps. For proper diagnosis see your doctor.

Wali

Reply to Wali