Question
Posted by: www | 2004/10/21

Herpes treatment

Is there a kind of ongoing treatment for herpes.I know that with other viruses like hiv one can take antiretrovirals but what about with the herpes virus?Please advise.I get recurrences every other month and i would just like to prevent that even if it means taking medication everyday.Thanks.

There isn't a way of preventing recurrences but you can decrease the severity by takling Acyclovir as soon as you have the first signs. Following a healthy diet and ensuring a good immune system would also help.