Question
Posted by: patric | 2007/03/28

Herpes transmission to eye and penis???

I am going through my second herpes outbeak ever. Im a 41 year old male. I wear contact lenses. Is there a risk of me transmitting the herpes to my eye when I handle my contact lenses or to my genitals when I go pee? Thanx!

Dear Patric
Unfortunately Yes - you must really wash your hands very well. Why don't you ask your doctor to put you on anti viral treatment for this - I'm sure this is something you would rather avoid in future? Acyclovir and famcyclovir helps - you should preferably try and take this as soon as you have symptoms ( Zovirax 400 mg 3xper day x 5 days and you must finish the course)

1
Posted by: C. | 2007/03/28

Where do you have herpes if not on your penis?

Reply to C.