Question
Posted by: Curious | 2006/11/10

Herpes

Hello

Is it possible to get herpes in the mouth? If so.. how is it transmitted or what are other causes other than oral sex?

Dear curious
Yes you can get herpes in the mouth and you can get it by oral sex or kissing or using the lip-ice or lipstick from an infected person. ( or if you should lick a herpes blister..unlikely)

1
Posted by: Curious | 2006/11/17

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I know of someone who's daughter had herpes in the mouth, where she had to be hospitalised. He said it was because she was teething and they all came out at once. This sounded very strange, hence my question. So is it correct to say that herpes can only be contracted and doesn't just happen, like in this case?

Reply to Curious