Question
Posted by: Jack | 2006/03/31

Herpes

Can you help,back in March, 2004 i had a massage in RSA with hand relief which i was so guilty about having also had an ex wife who had many sexual affairs..After a month i got a tender penis tip and irritated scrotum and burning after a pee i had tests done all stds,Neg a urethal swab, found staphlococcus pyogenes,given antibiotics,then in May when in Rsa saw urologist for burning during urinating and still a irritated scrotum still,found same bacteria given more antibiotics.In June back home got more antis and had std tests again,all neg.Also staph cleared up but continual irritated scrotum which dermatologist said is dermatitis from stress,but my herpes genital results are as follows

24/06/04 igg and igm Neg
14/01/05 igg neg igm week possitive
14/02/05 igg igm neg
02/06 RSA urine test for herpes neg
24/03/06 igg poss igm neg all tests except urine were ELISA blood tests, now i just am so confused and stressed.Laboratory are re running latest test again.What do you think.Never had sores neither has my new wife,who i just cant tell her i went for hand relief at a spa.Do you think i have herpes.With this irritated scrotum i have also had oral thrush for months.Doc said it is stress from my guilt of having a hand job and worrying about my ex and stds.Please help me here do you think it is herpes.These test results are causing me to really be concerned.

Ok Jack - positive IGG means you had contact and made antibodies against a germ. (so you may not be sick with it or infected) IGM means you had contact and your body is currently fighting the infection. According to your results all the IGM's were negative lately and so I think you are NOT infected with anything at the moment. It is highly unlikely that you would be infected with a STD if the spa you visited was clean and hygienic. You are however causing your immunity to drop with being very anxious. Try taking echinacea or viral-choice-C or Moducare to assist your immune system. The hand job is now something of the past - you must forgive yourself if you feel guilty and move on.