Question
Posted by: SANS | 2004/11/05

HERPES

Does herpes only get transmitted sexually - married 30 yrs I have been faithful - husband says he has (i believe him not a person to lie about serious stuff) We got married young and both had no previous sexual expereinces.

99% of the population will test positive on a Herpes antibody test due to Oral herpes (fever blisters). Because of oral sex the virus has mutated "up and down" So to speak. In the past we said Herpes 1 is oral and Herpes 2 is genital, but we long gone don't classify it like that. So, I'm not quite sure what your question is really addressing. Did one of you test positive on a blood test, or do you actually have sores on your genitals??

Dr Elna McIntosh