Question
Posted by: vanes | 2004/10/22

hernia and ab excersises

Hello, I have I problem with my hernia, if I do normal crunches, the hernia will heart for about a week afterwards. I do not feel it is necessary at this stage to have the operation. What tipe of abdominal excersizes can I do instead of crunces.

Hi Vanes

There are a few that you can try, I'm not sure if any will be particularly sore of painful, perhaps trial and error is the way forward. However, it's also necessary to realise that any pain is abnormal, and so I would not put off seeking medical advice for too long if the pain is there. It is likely in fact that you will experience some time, regardless of what situp you do, and so maybe that's a sign to think long term and have it seen to.

As for exercises, check out the following website for some more exercises:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Build_muscle_Tone/16-478-504.asp