Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/01/09

Hernia?

I have a sharp pain in what I think must be either my diaphragm or my intercoastal muscles. It is a sharp stabbing pain and is very localised, under my ribs and a few inches below my breast. It hurts when I take a breath. It is very sever when I cough (and I have a cough at the moment) and/or sneeze. At first I thought I must have just pulled something but its been over a week and the pain has not improved at all. Could this be something a bit more serious? What does a hernia feel like? Should I see a doctor or give it more time?

Hallo Concerned
This could be inflammation in the rib muscle or lung pleura or in the rib/cartilage connection. Rather let your doctor have a look.