Posted by: Tshepi | 2003/03/11


Do u suggest that i see the Dr again, last one did not help. i went for a gastro scope the Dr said there are sores around my upper abdomen. what do u think Dr? Please advice me on what is suitable for me which Dr i must consult with. Because two weeks go i went to see the Dr and she suggest that i must do opearation, because whenever i go to pass the stool i experince blood and the stool is stiff. the Dr said i must go for lordes operation. I am not sure is the right thing to do,pls help me Doc.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Tshepi, it sounds like the reflux has caused ulcers in the bottom of your oesophagus and this may lead to problems if you don’t do something about it. You can either take drugs for the rest of your life or have the operation. A Lord’s procedure is usually done it you have an anal fissure (tear in the anus) because of a too tight anal sphincter. The best person to see about both problems would be a general surgeon. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.