Question
Posted by: stressedbride | 2004/01/29

Here comes the bride....

What is the best form of exercise to do if I want to drop a dress size in 5 months? My wedding is in June, help!!!

HI there

You need to do something you enjoy!!

I would recommend that you click on the fitness page of this website and try the programme "SHAPE UP FOR SUMMER" - there are many different goals from which you can choose as well as toning exercises to do as well, since a comprehensive programme should include both cardiovascular exercise and toning.

Try to build up to exercising 5 times a week, with a minimum of 30 mins cardiovascular training.
Hope this helps.

2
Posted by: Nutrition Nut | 2004/02/11

And keep up the exercise. You want to look trim AND toned, I'm sure.

The low-carb eating together with the exercise will put your metabolism into overdrive.

With 5 months to go, you might even find that you need to have that wedding dress taken in more that you expected.

Reply to Nutrition Nut
Posted by: Nutrition Nut | 2004/02/11

Quickest way to drop a few kilos of body fat is to do the induction phase of Atkins (Ketogenesis if you read Leslie Kenton).

Essentially, you drop your carbohydrate intake to 20 grams per day. Don't worry about how much protein or fats you are eating, your appetite will determine what is right for you.

Do that for a while, at least 14 days. It has been proven by numerous research studies to be the most effective fat-loss diet of all.

See books by Dr Robert C. Atkins or Leslie Kenton. They both explain WHY low-carb works as well as HOW to do it.

Do not believe the propaganda against low-carb eating. It isn't true. Do your own research. You can start on the Internet if you like. Just do a Google search for "Atkins diet" or "low-carb diet".

Reply to Nutrition Nut