Question
Posted by: Liz | 2006/07/13

Herbal treatment for alcoholism

Do you know of any natural health products I can use to reduce alcohol cravings?

Expert ImageNatural health

First try zinc as a supplement as it is effecting in reducing alcohol cravings.
DrDebbie

1
Posted by: curious | 2006/07/14

hi

my mom's an alcoholic and i'm not too clued up on any herbal remedies in that area, but what i understand is that sugar levels are very important

so from what i've gathered you can try to snack on sweet stuff when you start to get cravings. chocolate's probably a good thing to try out and the cocoa has some health benefits ;)
also try some green tea to go along with the chocolate-munching because that helps to stabilize bloodsugar.

if your a beginner in the green tea department i also advise maybe a green tea & mint combo & enough sugar & maybe milk, becuase at first that stuff's bitter. by the third cup you'll start to enjoy it though ;)

but hey, that's my opinion. good luck!

Reply to curious