Question
Posted by: Jason | 2009/10/21

Her father

I' ve just met the most amazing woman in the world. I' m absolutely crazy about her. I haven' t met her parents yet but would like to.

The only hassle is that her father is a bit concerned that I am a divorcee (almost 3 years ago).

It really gets me down that this man hasn' t met me yet, but has reservations about me.

Anyone else had the same problem? How does one handle a situation or person like this?

Lets see what other readers have to say. If you were the father, wouldn't you be concerned, even if rather unfairly, out of love for your daughter ? Take your time, and meet the parents a few times, and see what you think of each other, and talk it through
lala's response is brilliant

2
Posted by: lala | 2009/10/21

Put this into perspective perhaps:
1) you are dating her, not her father
2) if you had a little girl, what all would you worry about? he' s just being normal in terms of concern (not that divorce is actually to be concerned about, but each person has their own views)

I would suggest being completely yourself and also remaining calm. This will already exude a charm and reassurance that you' re a really nice guy. Be comfortble and maybe just try to understand the father' s perspective, this will avoid you coming across as defensive.
" I under stand where you' re coming from, if I had a breautiful daughter like yours I would also be concerned, I admire how you look out for your children" .
Bam, slam dunk.
Dad in the bag.
Well... hopefully.

Charm them with your natural gifts and the parents will fall in love with you too.

Reply to lala

lala's response is brilliant