Question
Posted by: Vinna | 2007/02/26

Hepitutis virus

I have a jack russel and about a month ago he was diagnosed whith a swoled kindney. The doc said it was because of a hepititus virus. my doggy is ok now and I don't give him any scraps from the table any more. he is a 101% recovered.
I would just like to know can any one tell me what caused the hepititus virus?

Canine infectious hepatitis affects the liver mainly and is caused by an adenovirus. Leptospirosis can affect the kidneys. Can you just confirm whic of the two agents is suspected please and I will elaborate.