Question
Posted by: M | 2004/02/28

Hepatits A

My husband has picked up the Hepatits A virus. Should he follow any spesific diet?

Dear M
I am sorry to hear about your husband's infection. Basically such a virus infection puts a great deal of stress on the liver. If he is feeling very nauseous then he should cut down on fatty foods - visible fat on meat and skin of poultry, fat used for cooking, gravies, mayonnaise, full-cream milk and dairy products, etc- and eat more fruit and vegetables. The use of products such as Essensiale or Pro-Hep helps the liver to detoxify. He should also drink plenty of liquids, e.g. Game twice diluted with cold water, bottled water and diluted fruit juices - serve chilled to make these liquids more appetising. He also needs to get plenty of rest.
I do hope that your husband will soon be feeling much better.