Question
Posted by: Roshia | 2005/11/28

Hepatitis B virus

Hi Doc, I've just been diagnised with Hepatitis B virus. But my Doc said the the virus is in-active in my blood so he cant treat it now.
Should I wait till I get the attacks on my liver before it gets treated? I just need your opion

Roshia, all you need to do is have regular blood tests. As soon as the blood shows it has become active, they will start treating you – this doesn’t have to happen and it is long before liver damage has been done. If you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll cut and paste you something on hepatitis B. Good luck.