Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2006/04/18

hepatitis B

Hallow

Am really confused and dont have much knowledge. I have tested positive for hepatitis b and my doctor is just ignoring my results and am feeling down and have flu like symptoms. How can I get help, what does it mean, what treatment am i suppose to get. how long does it take to get better or to heal pls help

Expert ImageArchive

I suggest that you discuss the results with your doctor or get the results so that I can interpret them for you. When we test for Hep B there are different antibodies that are tested for. Depending of what comes up positive this would determine the stage of the disease. It might also be that you had subclinical Hep B (in other words you were nog aware of it) and are now a carrier. So I really need more info about your test results to give you a definate answer.