Question
Posted by: Liz | 2007/02/21

Hepatitis A

My son is 7 yrs old and contracted Hep A. The dr prescribed Legalon medication. The medical aid doesn't want to pay this medication and it is very expensive - I can not afford to pay this.

If I discontinue the medication will it be harmful? Isn't it supposed to be paid according to the regulations in the medical schemes act - prescribed minimum benefits.

Hallo Liz
See if it will work out cheaper if you give him milk thistle ( same ingredient ). You will probably get at Dischem
See http://www.vitaminherbuniversity.com/topic.asp?categoryid=4&topicid=1067
Discuss with his doctor first as it can be harmful to children under 12 if given in wrong dosages.