Posted by: alexi | 2012/06/04


Am 30 yr old female, and I think I have hemorroids.
Around my butt hole is blueish in colour, and looks like I have a lump there.
Have had it for a while, but it is now sore and uncomfortable almost all of the time.

Do I need to go see a doctor? which one?
Or is there over the counter medicine that I can get?

Please help, thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you consult your GP for an examination and a script for Scheriproct suppositries or surgical removal of the hemorroids. Remember to soften your stool, by supplementing your diet with fibre capsules and Laxette syrup.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2012/06/04

Yep, it is. I expereinced the same myself recently and after two months have learned that they don''t go away all too quickly - I still have mine although don''t even notice they are there, even with the use of Prep H and Scheriproct - both cream and suppositries which are great, but have been taken off the market.

My biggest help to date has been eating seeds, yoghurt and fruit and upping my water intake.
if you can reduce constipation, make your stools softer and eliminate straining on the toilet it will make a world of difference.

Good luck!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Krissy | 2012/06/04

You can get something from the pharmacy like preparation H (otc). Give that a try first.

Reply to Krissy

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.