Posted by: Ren | 2010/06/12


Hi doc

Every winter, I find that I develop a minor case of hemorrhoids.
Each year it seems to get worse, however. This year I have 1 about the size of a pea protruding externally.
I''m concerned because it''s making it difficult for me to have a bowel movement. The stool feels " stuck" .
I have some scheriproct which expired in March. Would it still be ok to use? Can the ointment become contaminated due to previous use?
When should I seek further assistance?

I''m concerned because last year I had to go to the emergency room for an enema because the stool would not come out although my anus was wedged open.

Sounds gross, I know but it''s very real to me.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you use Softlax and Laxette to soften your stools. You can no longer use the Scheriproct that have expired in March and I suggest that you get new Scheriproct suppositries and Anusol cream for the treatment of the hemorroids.

If the problem persists, consult your doctor for an examination.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: J | 2010/06/14

Hi Doc, I have this growth at the entrance to the anus? Not sure if it is hemmoroids? How can I treat with OTC medicines?

Reply to J

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.