Posted by: jane | 2007/08/01


hi i have recently discovered two small pea like lumps around my anal area, they do not cause great pain however sometimes itchy or a strange sensation occurs. After some reseach i presume these are hemorroids.
i was wondering if there is anything to avoid or should be doing to help clear these up?
thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Jane
You can try scheriproct or anusol ointment, ensure that you are not constipated. It is actually small varicose veins around the anus. You will be able to make it better but it rarely goes away alltogether without operation.
See also

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Bek1 | 2007/08/02

Hi Jane, i have been suffering from haemorhoids for a few months now. doctors have prescribed anusol suppositories and i drink laxette syrup every day. Drink alot of water if possible. Also increase the amount of fibre you eat. Exercise is also important. good luck

Reply to Bek1

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.