Posted by: Jozido | 2011/02/26


My husband (63) has hemochromotosis, so has his brother and sister. About 6 weeks ago his ferritin reading was 235, but since then has ''''dumped'''' 2 units of (O-!!) blood. Our Gp wants another blood test by the end of next week.
1. He has acute upper body muscle pains (on S5 pain relief)
2. has Voltaren SR
3. Terrible bloating
4. poor sleeping patterns ( also on medication)

1. Will it help asking for a referral to a Hemotologist?
2. Is ''''ç helate'''' therapy of any value?
3. Will the above symptoms lessen? He keeps himself busy with his plants and carpentry. Thanks.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Yes, a referral to a haemotologist could be of value but I strongly suggest that you refer to the following link for a detailed description on haemochromatosis and the treatment thereof:


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.