Question
Posted by: Anonomous | 2004/12/15

Helping my boyfriend with his emotional problems

My boyfriend has admitted that he has been behaving badly towards me and that he has emotionally abused me. He says he needs someone who is strong enough to stand up to him. He has also started having feelings for one of his colleagues who is a bubbly person and intellectually stimulating, but slightly crazy, with a similar difficult past as he has had. He says that he loves me deeply but that he cannot keep hurting me. We are trying to work things out. I love him with all my heart and would do anything to help him. What do I do? How do I help him and how do I become more interesting so that he would not want to spend time with the other girl?

he should see a good local psychiatrist or psychologist, who will be strong enough to stand up to him, and help him sort himself out. It's not your task to be his shrink and sort out his problems --- that's his duty. Maybe relationshi0p counselling, too

1
Posted by: Poppie | 2004/12/17

People should be together to complement each other and bring out the best in each other. Your quest should not be to change yourself, but to find the person that would appreciate you the way you are. Sometimes the journey is long and hard, but definitely worth it - "If the train you are on is not going where you want to go, rather get off, because another will come past". Good luck ;-)

Reply to Poppie