Question
Posted by: San | 2004/11/16

Help with domestic worker salary

CS, I know this is not really your forte, but I need urgent help on where to go regarding my part time domestic worker's salary. Her full time employer hasn't paid her for October yet, and we are half way through November already. Who can we contact for advice on what to do.

Anyone with an answer?

Wouldn't it be the Dept of Labour ?

4
Posted by: San | 2004/11/16

Great thanks will do that!

Reply to San
Posted by: Nita | 2004/11/16

go to labourguide dot co dot za, here you will find all kinds of info regarding labour laws and you can ask for free advice too.

Reply to Nita
Posted by: San | 2004/11/16

I assume it is financial difficulties, but the life style does not reflect that. Wife drives a brand new BMW, himself out of the box mercedes. Mismanagement of money I think. They got involved in a new business venture and it is probably not profitable yet. She tells me the bank often knocks on the door to inform of repossession and rent is not paid for a current business which is not profitable at all. Wife is also into drugs and alcohol.

In the meantime, while they tend the business, she has to do her duties and babysit children. The gardener also hasn't been paid but still does his weekly gardening.

I am sure they have some type of legal rights and that is what I need to find out about. She is not in a very good state, her family depends on her salary.

Reply to San
Posted by: H | 2004/11/16

Why has her employer not payed her?Is it due to financial difficulties?

Reply to H