Question
Posted by: sandra | 2007/12/11

help with biostath

hi doc

my 18month old daughter has been keeping me up at night for the past 2 weeks. i think it is only due to wanting attention during the night because there is nothing wrong, no teething, earinfection or tummy cramps or pains. she used to sleep through the night but now that we moved into a new house everything is haywire.

a friend just told me about biostrath and that it will help calm my little one so she can sleep better. i would just like to know what exactly is biostrath and will it aid with the problem or can you reccomend something else. have tried rescue drops but it seems not to be working.

thanks so much

Hi Sandra
I don't think Biostrath will calm her down - rather try Viburcol from HEEL or ask your doctor to prescribe some Phenergan syrup at night. Biostrath is more a dietary supplement for energy etc.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Everbush | 2007/12/11

Hi Sandra,

Most kiddies that have been moved out of their comort zone will react in this way. You guys have moved into a new place, give your baby some time to adjust. Previously the home she stayed in was probebly all she has ever known as home.
It will settle down once she has decided that she is comfortable in her new environment. Reassure her all the time. Read her stories in her new bedroom at night, sing lulabuys o her. Spend as much time at home (in her bedroom) as you possibly can so that she can get used to it quicker.

The question of biostath... I have both my kiddies on it and it seems to work ok. wether or not it calms them down??? I can't say. However, it is completely natural and very good for them. It is also not all that expensive as some other vitamins out there.

Try it, but also be patient with your baby she will let you know when she has adjusted to the change.

rescue drops (bad), you don't want to give her alcohol.

Hope things work out soon

Reply to Everbush