Question
Posted by: Dee | 2007/02/21

Help with age of kittens

A lady has got kittens for me, but they are already 8 weeks old please tell me if they are too old for me to take, I am going to take 2 so that they can keep each other company when I am at work.

No they are not too old. Are they eating and driking on their own and had their first vaccinations?

3
Posted by: jax | 2007/02/21

I'm glad you are taking two, as kittens are much happier when they have siblings. I'd agree with Buffs, even to the extenrt of leaving them with the mother until 10 weeks. The longer they stay with mom, the healthier and happier they are as adults. And it will also make it easier for you in terms of feeding and caring for them.
Enjoy your new babies!
Jax

Reply to jax
Posted by: Dee | 2007/02/21

Thanks Buffs, I'll check all that first before I take them.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Buffs | 2007/02/21

between 8 - 10 weeks is the right age for them to leave their motehr depending on how developed they are. can they lap? can they eat food are they still drinking from mommy?

Reply to Buffs