Question
Posted by: hellooo | 2004/01/15

help will be appreciated

I am stuck in a rut with my life... Its a year ago i left my job that i enjoyed but the hours were horrifying and in some way soul destroying(shift work), i was given a job from my fiance to come and help him do his accounting for him, I dislike anything with numbers i am definitely not a number person... but i agreed it was a way of getting out of those hours, i dont miss my old job i just miss the people i used to work with and every time i think of them i get emotional... am i too sensitive? I am looking for something to do part time as i finish my work my about 12:00pm and therefore i sit and get bored and then i start thinking about my old job and get emotional, the thing is i have no idea what i would like to do or study, is there anyway of finding out what would be the ideal thing to do....to be honest i just go with the flow of life, i am not a pursuer but i do have some intellegence and i love organising things... please could anybody help me with any ideas, they are all welcome
thank you

Dear hellooo,
There are such folks as Vocational Guidance Counsellors, and psychologists who can do tests to clarify both your areas of interest, and your skills and weaknesses, and advise you on how to more successfully select a career or job in which you'd be happy and successful. It sounds, for instance, that though the hours may have been inconvenient in your last job, they might have been modifiable ; but if you enjoy working with workmates, working on your own wont be agreeable for you.