Posted by: Desperate | 2005/05/30

Help want a baby


Please can someone help me! my husband and myself have been trying to have a baby now for about a year. About three years ago I was on the injection but I only had it once and then I was on the pill for only about three months but I have been off it for about a year and a half. I still can't fall pregnant. Sometimes I want to give up and I think to myself maybe I can't have children. Is there anything I can do or take that will maybe help me to fall pregnant! Please HELP I'm desperate!

Hoping for a response soon!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You should see a gynaecologist to see if there are any problems. The commonest reasons for not falling pregnant are blocked tubes, not ovulating or a low sperm count in your partner.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: omamaa | 2005/06/17

I have been married for almost 3 years now and still not pregnant. I have seen a Doc and several test conducted. there is no problem except right fallopian tube that is said to be blocked. What do I do?

Reply to omamaa
Posted by: Carine | 2005/05/30

You should think clearly at this stage. Take it from step one. You should have a blood test done on day 21 of your cycle to see if you ovulate, as the injection and the pill helps the body to not conceive. Some women's bodies take up to a year to ovulate by itself again. The second step would be to have your husband's sperm tested. If all is well, then you should relax and not think about it. It will happen. If you do not ovulate, you can have something like Clomid to bring on ovulation. If your husband have a low sperm count, he can also be put on medication. You must both eat healthy foods, and you must start taking folic acid (5mg per day). Also for the both of you, have a good multivitamin everyday. Gynaes only interfere with couples trying to conceive for longer than a year. So after you have these tests done, and there is a problem, see a gynae. Good Luck! Carine xx

Reply to Carine
Posted by: friends4all | 2005/05/30

Haai ma angel.I hear you but would like you to know this:The greatest battle is in the mind.Arm yoself with positiveness and shake off the doubt, will it ever happen to me-that I conceive? If you 100% believe it the rest is easy cos the hope in you will carry you thru all the way.Understand that the best things are always waited patiently for so that we treasure them when given to us.When the stronger person in you is alive and fighting all the way nothing will bring you down. So, keep the faith till u c it come to pass.Dont despair and alll the best!

Reply to friends4all
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/05/30

You should make an appointment with your gynae so that he can perform the neccesary steps on you and hubby. Sometimes it is just somethiing small which need to be corrected.
So make an appointment asap, and once you know what is wrong and how to treat it, you will put your miind at ease and possible fall preggies quickly!!!

Reply to Pokkel

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.