Question
Posted by: cc | 2004/01/29

HELP - THE PILL!

Hi, i'm on Triphasel contraceptive pill.
i recently went on holiday and my doctor advised me that i could skip my period by skipping the placebo pills on my pack. i did this and my period did not occur for 2 days, however, i forgot to take my pill on the third day and took it that evening along with that day's pill (so i took Wednesday's & Thursday's pill on Thursday) and the next day i got my period. i want to know if this happened simply because i forgot to take my pill? also, for interest sake, can one take Provera to skip their period while on Triphasel? Thanks

CC, it happened because you skipped the inactive pills. Using Provera® whilst on the pill is unnecessary and just adds extra hormone to the body. Good luck.
PS, I’m sorry I took so long to answer your question, but all the answers posted in reply to questions posted on the 29th somehow got lost in Cyberspace. Here it is again.