Question
Posted by: poxy-k | 2005/11/27

help- stretch marks

dear cybershrink

please help i've got this terible stretch marks on my tummy,
i can't wear low cut pants or swimming costumes. everytime my husband touches me it seems that he gets turned off by them. how much does it cost to get them off completly.where can it be done? do they have any wesites where i can get information from and also information about HIV/ Aids.

poxy-k

Not the right forum, but Gigli's reply seems sensible and comprehensive, and Buz and everyone's been helpful.

5
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/11/28

Try to keep your weight stable and use vitamin E oil, Justine's Tissue Oil is fantastic, Bio Oil is good, you can even try Happy Event (for preggy women). Evening Primrose Oil (capsules) is very good for the overall condition of your skin. New stretchmarks are red (sometimes purple), but if you keep your weight stable, in time the colour will change and it's hardly noticable. L'Oreal has a good product especially for stretchmarks, while using it, it seems less noticeable. Before every shower, dry-scrub your skin, especially the problem areas, to stimulate circulation which will make your skin glow. I don't think there's anything that will take stretchmarks away completely.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: CaT | 2005/11/28

Yoga is an excellent way to get rid of stretch marks, however its not a quick fix, it takes some time. Combining toning yoga with a nice oil will help.
:)

Reply to CaT
Posted by: Friend | 2005/11/28

There are laser treatments available for stretch marks. Phone a dermatologist specialising in laser treatments. Bio-Oil will also definitely help. If you apply self-tan or go for something like the Carribbean Tan at a beauty salon, the stretch marks will also be less obvious.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Gigli | 2005/11/27

Hi poxy-k,
I think you should chat to your hubby about it and tell him your concerns. Im sure he will reassure you that he loves you just the same with or without strech marks. I personally find them to be a non issue, its just life and the majority of us, big and small have them. (and something you havent mentioned, cellulite and veins too)

There is no way to remove them so to speak, but they do fade over time. You could speed up the process by using Vitamin E. Do it with the capsules, as the Vitamin E oils contain very little Vitamin E. Check labels. Just puncture the capsule with a sterile pin or needle.

You can count yourself lucky that you have a figure you can show off and be proud of. Please dont let this hold you back from wearing your low cut jeans and bikini.

If you find yourself surrounded by people who critisize others and home in on their so called week points you have to ditch them. I cant think of any other reason for you to be this self concious of yourself.

There are no quick fixes for strech marks except covering them up but I would rather that you have no issue with them. You are beautiful just the way you are and ultimately projecting that from the inside out is all that counts.

For more advice on products to use, do a search on the cyberdoc forum as this topic has been covered plenty of times in the past.

As for Hiv/Aids information, see the HIV counsellor and Peer Forum link on the left.

Reply to Gigli
Posted by: hmmmm | 2005/11/27

Wrong forum. Try Bio Oil on them.

Reply to hmmmm