Question
Posted by: mk | 2007/12/04

Help! Rubella and Pregnancy

Im 8 weeks pregnant. On saturday i went to visit my sister. Her 4month old was sick and i picked him up. Later that evening we took him to hospital only to find out that he has German measels. I called my gynae yesterday and she said she checked my immunity on it, and i am immune. I still dont feel 100% convinced that my baby wont be affected. I understand there could be serious health impacts if i catch rubella during this early stage of pregnancy. Has anyone been through this situation? and did the baby come out health? Im really worried

If you are immune, you will not get rubella and the baby will not be affected.

2
Posted by: 2las | 2007/12/04

it will be best for you to go for a blood test to check if your baby isn't affected. I lost my baby to Rubella at 17wks and the baby had defects so pls check it out a.s.a.p

Reply to 2las
Posted by: Lisa | 2007/12/04

Hi MK.

I am actually having the same situation as you are. My Gp tested me for rubella when we found out that Im preggies, then I had antibodies but then my Gynae also sent me for blood tests and it came out I dont have protection against Rubella. Now it feels like im coming down with flu or a cold having some of the symptoms.... so im just as worried. Id suggest you go and have another test done just to get your mind at ease. and as soon as you feel sick go to your doctor.

Lisa
22w5d

Reply to Lisa