Question
Posted by: ME | 2004/11/23

Help required with correct diet

After 4 years of Chronic Diarroeha I finally saw a doctor the other day that stated that I must cut out: Wheat, gluten, Yeast, tartrazine, preservatives, red meat, SUGAR, sour/acidy foods as I have a bleeding ulcer, sweets etc. and to cut down on my smoking or even stop. I have been trying to find receipes / foods that I am allowed to eat, but this seems to be impossible. Help! Also it you can tell me what foods to eat that will prevent the diarroeha from coming back/help it on I would be greatful.

Dear Me
Because you have such a complex, multiple-allergy condition, I would strongly urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will assist you with a diet that cuts out the offending foods, etc, and also helps to prevent diarrhoea. There is an excellent cook book called 'SA Cookbook for food allergies and food intolerance" by Hilda Lategan, which will give you plenty of ideas for basic foods that you can eat. Contact Hilda Lategan on (012) 546-6410.

2
Posted by: Karen | 2006/03/09

Toddler has eczema what can he eat?

Reply to Karen
Posted by: ME | 2004/11/26

Thank you for the information. Will definitely make use of this. Next question? Can it really be allergies though as I ate the same foods all my live but for the past 4 years had this problem?

Reply to ME