Posted by: dumi | 2008/01/07

Help required

Hi. Most times when I have sex with my boyfriend I bleed during the intercourse and a few hours after that. I then asked my Doctor if this is normal and if not, what can I do to stop it. She said this happend because my cervix is sensitive and prescribed vaginal cream. She said there is nothing to worry about as this is not an STI. I have used the cream but the problem is still there. Also, sometimes this bleeding is followed by a very bad smelling discharge. She insists that this is caused by this sensitivity and not STI. I'm worried now because this problem is still there and not resolved. Please advise if this is normal

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Dumi
Please get a second opinion from a gyne - this is definitely not normal and the sensitivity is usually due to bacterial infection and can also be due to cervical cancer. I hope that you had a papsmear already to exclude cervical cancer? See
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: dumi | 2008/01/08

I did a pap smear in Nov 2007. The results were normal. I ssume then it is bacterial infection. Thanks for advise, I will contact a gynae

Reply to dumi

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.