Question
Posted by: dumi | 2008/01/07

Help required

Hi. Most times when I have sex with my boyfriend I bleed during the intercourse and a few hours after that. I then asked my Doctor if this is normal and if not, what can I do to stop it. She said this happend because my cervix is sensitive and prescribed vaginal cream. She said there is nothing to worry about as this is not an STI. I have used the cream but the problem is still there. Also, sometimes this bleeding is followed by a very bad smelling discharge. She insists that this is caused by this sensitivity and not STI. I'm worried now because this problem is still there and not resolved. Please advise if this is normal

Dear Dumi
Please get a second opinion from a gyne - this is definitely not normal and the sensitivity is usually due to bacterial infection and can also be due to cervical cancer. I hope that you had a papsmear already to exclude cervical cancer? See http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/menstruation/a/bleedaftersex.htm

1
Posted by: dumi | 2008/01/08

I did a pap smear in Nov 2007. The results were normal. I ssume then it is bacterial infection. Thanks for advise, I will contact a gynae

Reply to dumi