Question
Posted by: Scorpio | 2003/12/10

HELP - PREVIOUS REFERENCE 476 FOR STORY

I am really at wits end at the moment. I have been advised to let go of this man and move on with my life, but I just cannot do that for some odd reason even after all that has happened.

Everytime we talk on the phone, we land up talking about the past, and how he feels it was wrong that we got divorced.

He says that his now girlfriend (was an ex) could possibly kick him out again or sleep with someone else, he cannot predict the future.

Why do I feel the need to wait await and see if that happens.

Is there anyway I can block his calls. I feel though that if I do not take his calls he will feel rejected (how stupid) Do I need to see a counsellor to work through issues what do I do please I am so tired of crying I need to work and have parents to look after etc.

I never really wanted the divorce but as one can see from previous history that the marriage was very one sided, although he denies this.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Scorpio, letting go of him and getting on with your life is NOT something that you "cannot do, it's something that you don't do, something you're not allowing yourself to do. Why are you talking to him on the phone, specifically long enough to start reminiscing about the past ? Why are you talking to him at all ? Why should you care WHAT happens between him and his now girlfriend ? Change your phone number (Telkom, etc, can arrange that ). So what if he feels rejected or dejected or any other sort of jected ? You're feeling bad, and with no benefit to either of you. And why not see a counsellor, to enable you to deal with this more efficiently and get through the bad-feeling phase more rapidly and efectively ?

1
Posted by: eve | 2003/12/12

tell this man that life goes on and he never took care of you in the first place so he made the booboo. dont cry over this selfish man, go ahead with your life and you will find someone good that you deserve. tell him to stop calling you because you dont want to live in the past. good luck sweetie remember you have a full life ahead

Reply to eve