Question
Posted by: Pimple | 2004/11/22

Help!!!! Pregnancy causing bad skin

During the first month of my pregnacy my skin broke out on my forehead, along my jaw line and on my back and chest! I'm so frustrated as the doctor said it would go away after a couple of weeks as my body gets use to all the hormonal changes etc. etc.

I'm now 3 and a half months pregnant and it just got worse. I've tried to get an appointment with a dermatologist, but they are all booked until next year. The breakouts vary from small little pimples (almost like little black-heads) to big yellow ones. I wash and exfoliate my face and back almost every day. I also have an acne cream called Differen which I use every night after cleaning, but nothing seems to help.

I feel like I don't want to go out anymore as my face looks like a 16 year old going through puberty with acne! Summer is here and I don't even want to walk around in a top / bikini that reveals my back as it looks so bad!

PLEASE HELP me!!!

Pimple, Differin® gel is not really supposed to be used by pregnant women. Have you tried using an anti-bacterial soap? It sounds like it is due to a hormone imbalance, but there isn’t much we can do about it whilst you’re pregnant. The best would be to see your gynaecologist and if he can’t help to ask him to help you get n appointment with a dermatologist. Good luck.