Question
Posted by: Autumn | 2008/01/07

Help pls - disharge

Please can you help me. I have an infection. My gynae put me on an antibiotic (3 tablets taken altogether) and 7 days of flagyl (1 tablet 3 x daily) and a betadine douche. But it hasnt helped me. I've gone to him 3 times this yr already and nothing has helped, it just keeps coming back. He also said that its just a bacterial infection. I dont want to go back to him, I also dont have time to wait for a gynae app as I leave the country in 4 weeks. I will go to my GP, but i just need to know what I can ask him for to help me. Im at my wits end, its been all year that this has been happening. Nonstop!

Please please please help! Would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks!

You need to find out what type of infection it is. The easiest way to do this is to have your doctor take a swab. Then you will know what the correct treatment is. It is generally useful for your partner to be treated as well, else you tend to reinfect each other.