Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/08/14

Help Please!!!

Hi Doc!

I just need your advise, there is a case in my family where my father it is suspecetd that my father had an affair with my late aunt and might be her daughters father. Now the relatives are always sking my father for big sums of money, saying its for the child. At the same time, they do not want my father and the child to do a DNA test and my mother has offered that she and my father take the child to stay with them but still they refuse.

Now my parents are thinking of going the legal route to have a DNA test done and it the outcome proves that my father is the father, they want to have full custody of the 16 year old child.
Can you please advise on where they should go for help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

IF your father DID father the child, this should be established clearly as a fact, not a rumour. And no element o blackmail should be tolerated. If proper DNA testing shows him to be the father, then he might want to go to court to seek custody of the child, or to have a court establish appropriate maintenance costs for the child ( though I think that would end before too long when the child becomes legally adult. He could of course continue to help the child as much as h wished, but could not then be forced to do so.
If the tests establish that he is NOT the father of the child, he should tell the greedy family to stop defaming him by spreading false rumours, and make it clear to them that he will go to court to seek both an injunction forbidding them from continuing to spread such rumours, and to sue for damages to his reputation.
What is hard to understand is why if he may even possibly have fathered the child, her other relaives would have waited for 16 years to start making claims. And if maintenance is due, it should be paid in a way that it can only benefit the child, and not to other relatives who might use it for themselves. HE should not give them a cent for themselves.
If they are refusing to allow the child to be adopted by your father and mother, this suggests the others are interested in milking him for money, and not interested in the needs of the child or her welfare. And your father's lawyer should make it clear to them that their refusal to co-operate in enabling tests to be done, very strongly suggests that they know the results would prove their claims to be false, and are grounds for your parents to ignore further claims from them.
As I don't know where this is happening ( where your parents live, where the child is, etc ) they need advice from a good local lawyer wherever they are, and go from there

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: locamotive | 2009/08/14

WHoaaaaa...keep it in the circus ....sounds like a soapie!

Reply to locamotive

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.