Question
Posted by: terry | 2007/08/16

help please

what is wrong with me. I am 37 years old. Married. But I cannot stop thinking of my first love , keep dreaming of him and it is asif I really miss him. I don't want to but I feel asif I cannot stop will you help me please

What a waste of time that must be for you. Of course you CAN stop, but presumably you so enjoy these day-dreams that you really haven't truly wanted to stop so far. And of course, because he has not been living with you, he has had no chance to disspoint you, so in your mind he is utterly perfect, in ways that the real man certainly is not. See a personal counsellor to help you leave this unhelpful obsession behind, and consider marriage counselling, to enable you to get more satisfaction from properly investing these energies in your marriage

5
Posted by: jcat | 2007/08/16

That's cool Terry. We don't need your rudeness and sarcasm either. If you can't be polite to other forum users, then don't come here. This is an open forum, and such anyone is welcome to respond to any postings - and you won't always be told what you think you want to hear.

Reply to jcat
Posted by: GGL | 2007/08/16

terry, i am not a shrink but i do think that your first love is a way for you to think about the romantic things you want in your life but that are missing. probably your relationship with your first love symbolises for you a romantic and happy time. if you dont have this in your marriage but think its absoulutely required then work towards having such moments in your marraige. if you are unhappy in your marriage then think about what in your marriage is not working and visit a marriage counseller or a shrink. but do remember that there are no assurances that even if you did have your first love back again things would be the way you dream !!

GGL
worrylistener

Reply to GGL

I thought Joijhoi's response was good and not sarcastic. Terry you wnat to hear that it's okay to have an obsession with your first love. No one is going to tell you that because it's not okay.

Posted by: terry | 2007/08/16

Jojoi I am not bored with my husband. I just have these dreams are you the shrink if not please do not reply i really need help and not your sarcastic advice thank you

Reply to terry
Posted by: jojoi | 2007/08/16

woman please!!!!!!!,the only reason you are lying in bed thinking about your ex-is because you are bored stiff with current hubby.you know what my dear,no one is going to walk through your door and bring back the spark and excitement in your lile you ahave to do it yourself.i would recommend that you buy a book called FASCINATING WOMANHOOD.YOU WONT REGRET IT I PROMISE.IT WILL DO WONDERS FOR YOURSELD AND FOR YOUR MARRIAGE.

Reply to jojoi