Question
Posted by: terry | 2007/08/03

hELP PLEASE

Duromine can this pill help me to loose weight or is Xenical better than this pill.

Dear Terry
You will have to discuss the pros and cons of both Duromine and Xenical with the prescribing dr as both are schedule 5 drugs that require a dr's prescription. If you are not very overweight and don't need to lose more than 20 kg, then Duromine is probably adequate combined with a low-fat, energy reduced diet and plenty of exercise.
According to my copy of MIMS, Duromine is 'a short-term adjunct to mass reduction in conjunction with a reduced kJ intake (i.e. a diet)'. Like all medications it can cause side-effects and should ideally not be used for longer than 3 months. On the other hand Xenical prevents you from absorbing fat from your diet (the fat passes straight out of the body), so because you will have to eat a diet with a very low fat content, you will start losing weight.