Question
Posted by: sharns | 2007/05/28

help, please...

Hey cyberdude
I desperately need some advice, I don't trust the outcome of my own decisions at all! My self esteem is so run down that I can't even walk around the shops without it feeling like people are staring at me. I am constantly letting people down and putting my bulimia at the top of my priorities and because I have been home schooled I have lost contact with friends and have seriously underdeveloped interpersonal skills so heres the thing, there's a course on sports massage and it starts in a week and I'd like to do it but you have to pay once off and i'm scared if I don't cope I'll opt out like I usually do but at the same time my parents are pressurizing me into doing something to get out the house.There is also a cullinary course where it would enable me to open up my own restaurant but soo many people have warned me not to work with food although running the restaurant is different.Please, what should I do.I don't feel ready to do anything but am worried, do I need to start smaller like getting a job for this year to build my confidence up instead of gtoing straight into heavy studies? Any advice would be great because at the moment I would really just like to curl up and die...I need to make this decision fast because my psych wants to send me to rehab and I can't, anything is better than getting treatment away from home!

Hi cybersharms, This sort of eating and self-esteem disorder can be horrible indeed --- but it responds well to proper treatment. DO see a good local shrink for proper assessment, and follow his advice as to treatment options. Why not sort out yout own worries first, and take the massage course afterwards ? CBT-style counsellign is excellent at sorting out self-esteem and motivation problems, and should be the priority

1
Posted by: 2BEME | 2007/05/28

Sharns
I cant speak from experience i dont have a eating problem but i do understand about self confidence and all i can say is that the first step is the hardest once you have made the decision to do something the rest is easy - the old saying is dont see failure before success.
Please sharns try and make the first step - you will have sleepless nights after you have made the decision but then its easy sailing.
Good luck you will make it.

Reply to 2BEME