Question
Posted by: Des1 | 2007/05/24

Help please

I'm new here please help doc i am about 1.5 tall and weigh 80 kg so that makes my BMI 36 so i would like to know how much am i suppose to loose and the diet need to follow?

Thanks in advance

Dear Des1
Your present BMI = 35,6, which is in the obese range. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 25, you would need to weigh 56 kg, thus a loss of 24 kg. This is a great deal of weight to have to lose, so I would actually recommend that you try Xenical to get you going. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. For an example of energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet'), which you can use together with the Xenical or on its own. Once you start losing a get more mobile you can also increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), to assist your weight loss.

2
Posted by: Y | 2007/05/24

Hi Des1!

You're very short, so you have to weigh - according to the numbers, between 45kg and 55kg to be a healthy weight.

45kg's would be a BMI of 20,
50kg's would be 22
and 55kg's would be 24.

Generally a BMI between 20 and 25 is considered healthy, with a BMI of 22 being "perfect".

In other words, you have to loose at least 25kgs.

Reply to Y
Posted by: Des1 | 2007/05/24

I forgot to mention I'm 30 years old.

Reply to Des1