Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2005/07/28

Help please

I need a medical aid after being struck of another but I'm scared that I won't be covered because of my actions. What do I do can anyone help???? Can they refuse me?Please desperate

Joanne E's suggestion might be your best bet. Any such scheme ha to be able to refuse people they think migh abuse the system to the detriment of other, honest, members,
And has anyone noticed that the only people who whine about others being "Judgemental" are those who entirely deserve to be judged ? What desperate is doing here, is the equivalent of someone who was caught shoplifting, complaining that now they're not allowed in that store and other shops are wary of her --- that's what happens when you shoplife. And it's not judgemental to point out how such behaviour seriously damages other and entirely innocent people --- that's just realistic. and other readers are right, too, that in this posting, you have never shown the remotest sign of remorse or feeling sorry for what you did to other people, rather than just feeling sorry for yourself --- that's not a posture likely to attract any sympathy from sensible people.

15
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/07/28

I would suggest you try to get on to your spouse or parents' medical aid as a dependant and hopefully you've learned your lesson.

Joanne E, I'm going to open my yap now too - just like you. Corruption takes place in all areas of life and business, not only government departments. You seem to enjoy generalising. You also said poor people smell bad?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Stupid | 2005/07/28

I was in the same situation last week & felt like killing myself but I learn't my lesson appologised cause there was no excuse for what I did...I applyed to another one cause I'm chronic asthmatic need the cover but if I was not I wouldn't not apply again cause it was sooo humiliating & draining I actually realised that it must be so common if DESPERATE is doing it as well I only hope I don't turn out to be a serial Fraudster I too was given a 2nd chance cause I didn't do anything like this before so they were kind! I don't ever wanna be in that situation again EVER!

Reply to Stupid
Posted by: OP | 2005/07/28

Joanne what do you mean by 'government official" Are you trying to say that government officials are corrupt?????

I agree with you anyway, Desperate is irresponsible and I dont know why she wants another medical aid, as she doesnt even know how to use one responsibly.

Reply to OP
Posted by: Karen | 2005/07/28

What have you got to lose by applying, if the other medical aid didn't take legal action, there is a chance that then may have 'blacklisted' you.

Take a chance, i am sure that you have learnt your lession and if you are refused at least you know where you stand.

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Ugh | 2005/07/28

Ah shampies - you want to get onto anuvver medical aid so you can rip 'em off too?

Reply to Ugh
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/28

Oh boo hoo - I was not JUDGING you - I wanted to do that I could say "go burn in hell you scum" - but you were wrong! Are you a government official by any chance, cuz you don't seem to care that what you did was wrong!

I say what is on my heart - take it and use it!

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Dove | 2005/07/28

You are a thief except it, Joanne E is right it is because of people like you that medical aids are so expensive It is too late to cry now you don't even sound as if you are sorry for what you did

Reply to Dove
Posted by: Shakira | 2005/07/28

I agree with Joanne E...

Reply to Shakira
Posted by: Desperate | 2005/07/28

I don't think I need your condescending judgemental advice the is the first groteques thing

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/28

I don't think they care about the amount - they cared you made a fraudulent claim. I'm going to open my big yap now - becuase of actions like this, innocent people suffer. Our fees are jacked up and covers restricted because of people with no scruples.

You have made no mention of remorse - just panic worrying about your being covered. You had better be so thankful that they did not take it further - it was more thab fair of them. I know they screw us over most of the time but it does not excuse that.

You can be covered if some one else takes it out and adds you as a dependant.

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Desperate | 2005/07/28

No they did not take legal action cause I paid it back immediately through a loan it was just under R4500.00

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/28

Yes they can refuse you - you can be refused for life. Just be thankful they did not press charges against you. If you have a family see if you can get the medical aid in your spouse's name and go on as a dependant

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Karen | 2005/07/28

What sort of value and did they take any legal action against you?

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Desperate | 2005/07/28

Fraudulent claims....

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: SG | 2005/07/28

You don't mention what "actions"-pls expand further

Reply to SG